Sunday 21 December 2008

AIA conference 2010

Thanks, Rebecca!
I won't be able to make it to Philadelphia this time, so I'll be interested to hear about the papers from anyone who goes.

But I have been thinking about next year's conference in Anaheim. There is a good chance that I will be there (with the kids, for obvious reasons!!), so I'm thinking about organising a session or participating in one. What I would like to do is organise a themed session, rather than just a general session on Pompeii.

So I am casting around for possible ideas for a session, which could just be Pompeii-based or Pompeii plus other sites. I have been thinking about 'The archaeology of the night' - how do people get around at night, how do they light their houses (although a fair bit has been done on that), what activities take place at night, and so on.

Does anyone know anyone working on this sort of thing, at Pompeii or elsewhere, or even from literary sources?

Or does anyone have any other ideas for a themed session? I am happy to share organisation (or even hand over organisation!) to anyone who wants to get involved.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails