Sunday 8 March 2015

Another comparison from the Jashemski archive.

I.12.2 and I.12.1 bakery, Via dell'Abbondanza.

1961 & 2009.


An interesting comparison, in a bakery that is normally closed to the public.
While the bright red plaster has suffered under the elements the oven behind is in a much improved state.


I.12.2 and I.12.1 Pompeii. 1961. 
Doorway to room 11 in east wall of portico.
Photo by Stanley A. Jashemski. J61f0252
Source: The Wilhelmina and Stanley A. Jashemski archive in the University of Maryland Library, Special Collections (See collection page) and made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial License v.4. See Licence and use details.


I.12.2 and I.12.1 Pompeii. March 2009. 
Doorway to room 11 in east wall of portico.
Photo Jackie and Bob Dunn www.pompeiiinpictures.com

See more of I.12.2 on pompeiiinpictures.com

Jackie and Bob at pompeiiinpictures


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails